Love After Love
"The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life."
With Valentines day right around the corner, and all the fun shoot's I've been doing with beautiful women and adorable couples in love, I decided to take some time and do up a post on Boudoir! Most people have been hearing about boudoir photography periodically, but aren't quite sure what it is, who should do it, or what it entails...
Here are a few answers to the commonly asked questions.
Boudoir – pronounced bŏo dwăawr comes from late 18th century French word and is translated as – a woman’s bedroom or a private sitting room. Boudoir photography, therefore, usually takes place in a setting such as a bedroom or a hotel room… an intimate setting to create classy images that can be soft, romantic, sexy, sensual, or naughty. The main focus of a boudoir photographer is to capture you in the most flattering way by guiding you through the poses that compliment your body type.
Who should go for boudoir photography?
1. A woman that wants to surprise that special one in her life with a unique and personal gift…. There’s something about seeing him open that photo album for the first time and drool all over your sexy photos (and not the ones from Maxim magazine)!
2. A woman that needs a confidence boost. Oh yes, we all occasionally get really tired of looking at these glossy magazines with “perfect” models on every page. Well, now it can be you looking back from a sexy picture. Why should only models have all the fun in front of the camera? Boudoir photography will help you discover that secret seductress in you.
3. A woman that is already confident and just wants to strut her sexy stuff in front of the camera and have some fun! Why not just make it all about you and give yourself a gift? It’ll be your little secret (ssshhhh, we wont tell anyone).
4. A woman that wants to capture her beauty forever. Lets face it, none of us are getting younger. 30 years from now a boudoir photo shoot will be the proof of your hotness. Boudoir photo album will be one of your most cherished possessions ;)
5. A woman that’s been married for a long time and well….wants to revamp her private life with her husband.
6. A woman that is thinking of having a baby and wants to have a reference point of what she wants her body to look like after the baby ;)
7. A woman size 0 to……100, well maybe there is not such size but you get the point, there is no size, weight, or height limitations. Every woman is beautiful in her own special way and boudoir photography is there to help you bring it out.
OK, so pretty much any woman is a great candidate for boudoir photography session. Hope to hear from you soon!
Love. Beauty. Boudoir.